2011年10月27日星期四

First Interview

Interview trans ranscription please click here


Preparations for the interview



I prepared twelve questions for Korean international students to realize their culture and their lives. I went to the library to find some information about Korean culture just in case if I cannot understand some specific issues such as education system. So that, I did some research on internet a bout what the Korea and what the Korean culture are, than reread my questions to have a pre-impression. After that, I prepared two papers which are listed twelve questions for my interview and my recorders pen.



How Did You Approach People?



I have some Korean friends on campus. I only need to give calls to my Korean friends or text to them to make appointments. They are also glad to do the interviews with me, so I am not worried about going to approach them.



When, where, and how did you Conduct the Interview?



I interviewed Junhyeon Park in library on third floor in SCSU. We started interview at the Wednesday afternoon at 3 o’clock on October nineteenth 2011.We met in library and found a coach, I gave Jun the paper which has already listed twelve questions and asked him could I use the recorders pen, and he said yes. So that, I turned on the recorder pen and started asking him questions. We felt relaxed and happy in the interview, he answered questions confidently and I took some notes about his answers. When we finished our interview, I felt I got enough information about Korean culture and turned off the recorders pen.



Whom did you Interview?

Junhyeon Park. He is a 20 years old Korean transfer student in SCSU. He is studying international trade right now, but he will be in SCSU for only one year and go back Korea after this semester.



Impression in interview



I think this interview was pretty successful since my interviewee had a good time with me. I also learned a lot from this interview, such as the difference and the in common points in Korean culture and society which are compared and contrasted with China and America. He described that Korean politics and education system are similar as America, but it is interesting that, the Korean people are still affected by Chinese culture. They also have the same cultural activities and behaviors.



Report on Country and Culture


South Korea, in the east of Asia, the official name is the Republic of Korea. South Korea is near by China but separated by North Korea. South Korea is different from North Korea, almost, in public, but for people’s custom and country’s culture, they are similar. The territory of South Korea is 99,392 square kilometers and South Korea has a population of almost 50 million. The capital of South Korea is Seoul.
South Korea has a long history, which is almost as similar as China. In South Korea’s legendary, this country was built in 2333 BC, but it was unified in 668 AD. This dynasty was lasted for long time; it had almost one thousand and thirty years. In 1910, South Korea was occupied by Japan. After the civil war in Korea, South Korea was separated and charged by the United States. After that, South Korea was established with democracy and its economy is developing very fast.
The politic in South Korea usually is unstable, but this country is still performs as democracy. South Korea is a developed country; it has a lot of famous brands, such as Samsung, Hyundai, and LG and so on.  The most developed industries in South Korea are automobile and electricity. The culture in South Korea is based on Chinese culture, but right now, its culture is affected a lot by the modern society.

Cite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea

1 条评论: